You might be aware of the fact that, even if Walmart has been the largest retail stores chain in the world in terms of revenue, their customer base has dipped in an enormous amount in this previous decade or so. This was mainly because of the immodest behaviour on the part of the top management towards female employees; moreover, the personnel policy too wasn’t quite professional and consistent. The employees were asked to work for off business hours and weren’t even paid overtime wages.
All these aspects had a massive impact on the Walmart brand’s image, affecting its goodwill, brand value, etc. So as a desperate attempt to get back on the top with customer loyalty and to reinstate the classic brand value, Walmart recently launched a brand-newWalmart logo. And along with that, they’ve also brought in some lucrative offers and usage incentives for Walmart’s loyal users. One such effort of regaining precious customers was the launch of two variants of the Walmart Credit cards.
Walmart Credit Cards
The two variations in Walmart credit cards are the Walmart MasterCard and the Walmart Credit cards. Walmart MasterCardisjust like any other industry MasterCard. It can thus be used for shopping in malls, stores, etc. wherever MasterCard is valid and accepted for payment.
While the credit cards are just usable only in Walmart grocery Stores, Walmart gas stations, Walmart clubs like Sam’s club, etc., and the incentives provided on these cards are pretty much attractive like cash back, extra credit on signups online, no spending limit, etc.
But the most important benefits of these cards are that you have the option to manage your account from anywhere, all you need is a PC, laptop or mobile phone with internet access.
The process to Get Started with these Credit Cards
Even though the procedure to apply for both the types of Walmart credit cards is the same, you need to make sure you apply for the correct one.
- Documents to be made available include photocopies of your current living address proof, your Identity proof bearing your Date of birth and validating your name that you enter while filling the application, your income proof, and your current credit card in use.
- Applying for the
Cards: Following are various ways in which you can apply for these Credit
- Apply online on Walmart’s official website “Walmart.com.” All you have to do is go to the website, fill in your credentials and upload the essential scanned document proofs and you’re all set to get the Walmart credit cards.
- Apply at any Walmart store Register. You have to go to the cashier, give him the copies of all documentary proofs mentioned above, along with your current credit card. The cashier shall then take your credit card and photo ID, scan the card to know all your credit history, repayment capacity, etc. While your photo ID and other details will be uploaded to the customer database. You will also be provided with a general questionnaire to know some essential things about your financial background.
- Apply on the Walmart Mobile App. You have to install the Walmart mobile app from Play store or Apple Store, then go to the credit card section. There you have to click apply for new credit card option. Before that, you must make sure you provide a valid phone number in your profile on that application. If yes, then you can proceed. They will send an OTP number on this phone number to validate your authenticity. Once this is done, you have to follow all the procedure as per the website procedure, and you’re set to go.
- Your Credit Score is extremely important in this application process if you want a Walmart MasterCard. If you have had a good repayment record on your current credit card, you need not worry as your credit score will also be good. It is also ok if you don’t have a credit score at all, i.e., you are applying again. But you must make sure that you mustn’t have a bad credit score because that’ll make your application difficult to get cleared.
However, there is a silver lining for people with a moderate credit score. You can still apply for the Walmart credit cards other than MasterCard if your credit score is around the considerable limitations of 500 and above.
- Once your entire registration process is done, and your application is accepted and cleared, you become eligible to be the official holder of Walmart credit card. The actual card shall be issued to you within 8-10 working days, but there’s an amazing concept known as the shopping pass which is available to you only if you apply at a store register. This shopping pass is available for 24 hrs immediately after your application is cleared and using that you can shop anything with a charge on your new Walmart credit card.
Similarly, in case of mobile app-based application, you can immediately start doing online shopping on Walmart website once the application status is clear.
To turn things around for their suffering brand name, Walmart recently did plenty of things like logo revamp, replacing customer policies with new exciting ones, etc. One such exciting policy was the Walmart credit cards which provide amazing incentives, cash back, etc. But you have to make sure you have all the knowledge about the entire registration process to obtain your Walmart credit cards.