Canonical announced on October 21, 2015, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS codename “Xenial Xerus” will be released on April 21, 2016, and it is coming with a lot of most exciting new features and improvement. Also, Ubuntu 16.04 conical decided to provide a better experience and support to its users, in terms to change the things and break its policy.
What’s the New Features in Ubuntu 16.04?
- Unity Launcher: The Ubuntu works on unity launcher, which means users will be able to rotate the unity launcher and position it to the bottom of the screen.
- LTS: First time in history, Ubuntu 16.04 will come with 5 Years support.
- LTS Kernel: Xenial Xerus will be based on Linux 4.4 LTS.
- Unity Spyware: The unity Dash allowed users to search online from various sites like Wikipedia, Amazon etc. Ubuntu 16.04 the unity search feature will disabled by default. But this feature will still present in Ubuntu 16.04, this features can able to enable it.
- Software Center: The Ubuntu software center has never been up to the task to provide a graphical interface to install and update software. Canonical has always supported this piece of software but in Ubuntu 16.04 it will be dropped in favor of GNOME Software: a cross-platform GUI to install and update software.
- Firmware Updates: Ubuntu 16.04 could allow to upgrade the firmware from its OS directly. This may possible due to Gnome Software.
- Unity 8: Ubuntu 16.04 will features with Unity 7 and Unity 8, and latest will be planned with upcoming Ubuntu 16.10.
- Snappy: Ubuntu developers are trying to add snappy to Ubuntu 16.04 with Unity 7.
- ZFS: ZFS is close to being fully implanted in Ubuntu 16.04, it might not make it in time however and probably be only tech preview for the time. But it is not available for desktop users, ZFS is primarily a server file system that aims to prevent data corruption.
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Linux Over Windows 10
- Subgraph OS: Most Secure, Open Source Linux Operating System For Non-Technical People
Did you Find this article interesting. tell us on the comment box. Don’t forget to Subscribe our newsletter and also follow us on twitter.